Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Empty Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:44 am

Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist
Most general PC users (general as in use PCs for FB,MS, and music) know nothing about what goes into their PC. Including their antivirus. In which case they use stock (normally Norton or McAffee)

I do NOT recommend using either of these. They drastically slow down your PC, and cause your performance to be lacking. Both of these also have popups if you have another antivirus because they clash, in this case these two programs are made to slow when you're using them if they detect another running AV.

There are better options out there:

1. Kapesrsky (best AV around)
2. ESET: NOD32 (Second best from personal use) I recommend this it doesn't slow your computer down at all. Even when playing games, or doing CPU heavy tasks!
3. AVG
4. Avast

2Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Empty Re: Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 am

Rouge

Rouge
Achiever
Norton, I get it free and I am safe w/ what I do with my pc

(comcast gives it free)

3Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Empty Re: Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 am

Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist
Rawr wrote:Norton, I get it free and I am safe w/ what I do with my pc
I have found Norton to be the least safe AV out there. Even with Norton 360 (which i have had).
There are viruses that can easily get undetected by it. Symatec has ruined what little Norton had in it's past.
If you want freeware I'd suggest:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Empty Re: Antivirus (What do you use, and why?) Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:49 am

Rouge

Rouge
Achiever
Zeitgeist wrote:
Rawr wrote:Norton, I get it free and I am safe w/ what I do with my pc
I have found Norton to be the least safe AV out there. Even with Norton 360 (which i have had).
There are viruses that can easily get undetected by it. Symatec has ruined what little Norton had in it's past.
If you want freeware I'd suggest:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have had it all my life, never get viruses

Erebus

Erebus
Achiever
I use AVG, i tried avast and i liked it to Wink

Apocalypse

Apocalypse
Master
Avast,somewhat free.

Sponsored content