Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1D Splash! Empty D Splash! Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:52 pm

des

des
Achiever
My first ever kinda real looking D. I messed up with the water, yeah I know.
D Splash! 15cyjx3

2D Splash! Empty Re: D Splash! Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:03 am

Rouge

Rouge
Achiever
Pretty nice but it needs something more to it... hmm

3D Splash! Empty Re: D Splash! Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 pm

OwenWilson

OwenWilson
Master
I like most of this.
The beveling on the D is kind of weird, the highlights wouldn't be that strong irl.
You could have also used a texture on the D to make it look more realistic.
I also think if you wanted this to look really realistic, you should have gone over the water with a gradient or texture.
It's also difficult to tell where exactly them D is splashing... I think you should have used another gradient to show the water, while obviously keeping the reflection.
Overall, I give this a 8/10.

4D Splash! Empty Re: D Splash! Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:55 pm

des

des
Achiever
OwenWilson wrote:I like most of this.
The beveling on the D is kind of weird, the highlights wouldn't be that strong irl.
I also think if you wanted this to look really realistic, you should have gone over the water with a gradient or texture.
It's also difficult to tell where exactly them D is splashing... I think you should have used another gradient to show the water, while obviously keeping the reflection.
I know I messed up on the water, I forgot to make it more water-ish/white. Although, this was my first project like this. I do agree with you on that '8/10' The D doesn't look that good, the water reflection wasn't going to be able to show as well, if I did put it, it'd just come out so sloppy. The texture of the D wasn't a 100% thing. The hardness was 65%, soft 50%, if I had the texture/hardness more, it will look so hard and a little dark. You won't be able to see it as much. But to all of this. This was my first project like this.

5D Splash! Empty Re: D Splash! Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:38 pm

OwenWilson

OwenWilson
Master
zirDesu wrote:
I know I messed up on the water, I forgot to make it more water-ish/white. Although, this was my first project like this. I do agree with you on that '8/10' The D doesn't look that good, the water reflection wasn't going to be able to show as well, if I did put it, it'd just come out so sloppy. The texture of the D wasn't a 100% thing. The hardness was 65%, soft 50%, if I had the texture/hardness more, it will look so hard and a little dark. You won't be able to see it as much. But to all of this. This was my first project like this.
Oh, for the texture, I meant you should put a texture like a water reflection or something on a different layer, and have it set to "overlay" on the D's surface.
And thank you for responding appropriately.
Smile
And yeah, I do admit, it's very good for a first attempt!
My first try with water definitely did not go as well lol.

6D Splash! Empty Re: D Splash! Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:50 pm

des

des
Achiever
OwenWilson wrote:
zirDesu wrote:
Oh, for the texture, I meant you should put a texture like a water reflection or something on a different layer, and have it set to "overlay" on the D's surface.
And thank you for responding appropriately.
Smile
And yeah, I do admit, it's very good for a first attempt!
My first try with water definitely did not go as well lol.
The idea on putting on it on overlay, it wouldn't show up. So, that's the best I can do.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]