Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Largest Spider EVER Empty Largest Spider EVER Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:17 am

Fiction

Fiction
Master
Largest Spider EVER Spider-620_1877033c The legs would have spanned up to 15cm, front to back

Its fossilised features have been so perfectly preserved that experts have identified it down to the exact species and were even able to tell it was an adult female.

The Golden Orb Weaver has been named Nephila jurassica. It lived in the forests of northern [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when the climate was much warmer and more tropical than today.

Its discovery in Inner Mongolia means Golden Orb Weavers, or 'nephilids' – giant spiders that can grow bigger than a human hand and which still thrive today – are the longest ranging spider genus known to man in terms of age.

Prof Paul Selden, a paleontologist from Kansas University, said the females are the largest web-weaving spiders alive today with a body length of up to two inches and a leg span of six inches. Males are relatively diminutive in comparison.

They are "common and spectacular" inhabitants of tropical and subtropical regions with females weaving distinctive five foot wide webs of yellow silk that glisten like gold in sunlight.

2Largest Spider EVER Empty Re: Largest Spider EVER Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:21 am

so cool man

3Largest Spider EVER Empty Re: Largest Spider EVER Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:45 am

The Anonymous

The Anonymous
Top Dog
That is a big spider, I hate spiders. I have so many stories about them.

4Largest Spider EVER Empty Re: Largest Spider EVER Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:38 am

I frickin love spiders and snakes.

5Largest Spider EVER Empty Re: Largest Spider EVER Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:31 am

Apocalypse

Apocalypse
Master
thats fucking huge. o.o

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]