Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1{HTML} Sound Empty {HTML} Sound Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:08 am

des

des
Achiever
To add sounds to a web page... we will use the tag. This tag supports many common file formats... such as .wav, .mid, .mp3, and .au. Here is the basic structure of the tag:

If you want the file to automatically play when the web page is loaded, set autoplay="true", if you do not want the file to automatically start, set autoplay="false". If you want the control box to be hidden, use the hidden="true" attribute. Normally the file will stop playing after it is completed the first time, so if you want it to start over once it is done use the attribute loop="true". You can set the volume setting with the volume attribute, a value from 1 to 100 (default is 50). The control box size that plays the sound can vary from browser to browser, but some versions of Netscape won't show the box at all unless you specify. (145 and 60 are usually good)

NOTE: Because this embed tag was not set to autoplay="true", you will need to click the play button to play the sound file.

You may use multiple embed tags within one page, but it is recommended to never set more than one on autoplay. It is also not recommended to use .wav or .au files in the embed tag, because they are very large and take a few minutes to download. (Full-length .mp3's also falls into the category of "too large to use." Try to keep the clips SHORT.)

2{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:09 am

Raikou

Spoiler
Why do s?ome Youtube videos people post in threads auto play

3{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 am

des

des
Achiever
I swear, that didn't make any sense to me.

4{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:48 am

Raikou

Spoiler
Desu wrote:I swear, that didn't make any sense to me.
Sorry my Laptop is stupid. I said why do youtube videos with people post them in threads have like auto play on

5{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 am

OwenWilson

OwenWilson
Master
That's pretty cool, I didn't know you could post sound effects in posts!
:o
I will have to +rep you for this later.
Smile

6{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:04 pm

des

des
Achiever
Raikou wrote:
Sorry my Laptop is stupid. I said why do youtube videos with people post them in threads have like auto play on
What do you mean? Like &autoplay=1, that? If you do, well it shows that and you can loop the sound or video you want.

7{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:18 am

Raikou

Spoiler
Desu wrote:
Raikou wrote:
What do you mean? Like &autoplay=1, that? If you do, well it shows that and you can loop the sound or video you want.
Um yeah i guess i don't really know haha

8{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:04 am

Fiction

Fiction
Master
Great!^_^

9{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Nick

Nick
Wow! I might even use this.

10{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:55 am

Marcus

Marcus
Contributor
The embed tag doesn't work on some browers. And it's not fully supported on Firefox

11{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:20 am

Nick

Nick
I thought Firefox was the best browser?

12{HTML} Sound Empty Re: {HTML} Sound Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 am

Thomas

Thomas
Admin
Nick, most of the time it is but it's not in some cases.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]